Welcome to Summer Search North San Francisco Bay where change has begun for 130 students in 24 North Bay Schools! Read about our history.
On May 2, over 300 members of the Summer Search North Bay community gathered at our annual Where Change Begins dinner at the Mill Valley Community Center. Together, we raised over $300,000 in the room, activated our $50,000 match challenge, and surpassed our $400,000 fundraising goal with flying colors! THANK YOU to all those who donated – your gift is transforming the lives of low-income youth in the North Bay. Read more >
Need a summer intern? Summer Search college students are highly-motivated individuals who have proven themselves as hard-working and committed young leaders. Access this pool of driven students by posting your job description on our job board! To learn more >
- Summer Search North Bay senior Anabel Ontiveros is recognized as the Marin Volunteer of the week by the Marin Independent Journal >
- Summer Search North Bay was featured in the Napa Valley Register. Read the article here >
- Career Discovery Day was a huge success! On August 9th Google
hosted Career Discovery Day for Summer Search San Francisco and North Bay high
school students at its San Francisco campus. Career Discovery Day is a day of
exploring the diverse professional opportunities the Bay Area has to offer
through workshops, a career panel, and workplace visits. There were volunteers
from several organizations such as Google, Gap, Deloitte, Citi, Causes, and
- The Summer Search Bay Area Quarterly is here! Check it out here >
- North Bay mentor Alex Walter has written a guest post on the White House Blog For the Win. Read the article here >
- Summer Search Students Make a Difference on October 22
Is that Superman? The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Nope. It’s something better. The group swooping in to help the town of Sonoma is an orange-clad bunch of altruistic high school students from Summer Search.
On October 22nd, 80 Summer Search North Bay students will lead their families, staff, and community volunteers in service to benefit four projects in the town of Sonoma for Make a Difference Day.
This is Summer Search’s second year participating in Make a Difference Day, a national day of service sponsored by USA Today and the Newman’s Own Foundation that boasts three million volunteers annually.
With rolled-up sleeves and bright smiles on eager faces, students will help with trail restoration at Audubon Canyon Ranch Bouverie Preserve, plant gardens at Larson Park, build Día de Los Muertos Altars at La Luz Center, and beautify the grounds at Sonoma Valley High School. Click here to learn more about these service projects.
The day of sweat and service will culminate in a celebratory event at the Sonoma Veteran’s Memorial Hall.
Interested in joining these students for a meaningful day of service and celebration? Email Summer Search Program Associate Alex Bartz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you're thinking of buying or selling real estate, you can generate a donation of thousands of dollars for Summer Search at zero cost to you. We recently partnered up with My Broker Donates, which matches buyers and sellers with qualified, caring brokers who agree to donate a portion of their fee to Summer Search - in your name. Click here to learn more about this innovative fundraising model.
- Summer Search students volunteer at Sonoma County community garden for “Make A difference day!” Read article here.
- Petaluma Summer Search student, Tomas Ortiz is featured in the Petaluma Patch. Read article here.
- Jordan Byrdsong, Summer Search junior shares her summer trip with The American Canyon Eagle. Read article here.
- St.Helen High School seniors share insights from their Summer Search trips abroad. Read article here.
- Summer Search St. Helen students featured in St. Helen Star. Read article here.
- Summer Search North Bay 2012 Where Change Begins Dinner. View video here.