We are Summer Search, a national youth development organization dedicated to creating greater equity by increasing the number of students from low-income backgrounds who successfully enter and complete college.
Our energetic team draws inspiration from our students and alumni—and each other—every day. With a values-driven culture that strives for excellence and celebrates our people, we hope you will join us too.
View current job opportunities
We’re proud to have been recognized by the Nonprofit Times as a great place to work.
We are committed to staff learning, growth and development. Our intense investment includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Medical insurance with up to 90% employer contribution
- Dental, vision, FSA, life and disability insurance plans
- 401 (K) and Employer Match up to $2,000 annually
- Generous time off including 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, 2 floating holidays, 10 company-wide holidays and a 1-week December closure.
- Individual, local, regional and national training
- A commitment to developing leaders from within the organization
- An organizational culture that supports staff well-being and holistic self-care
- Ample opportunities to connect with the students and communities we serve
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
With a staff that cares deeply about social justice and equity, we believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds create a rich work environment and enhance our ability to pursue our mission.
We are committed to building an organization with raised consciousness in order to impact how we work with students, as well as how we work together as a team.
We hope you will join us as we continue to build a diverse organization that fosters a work environment where people from all backgrounds are welcomed and valued.
Mediocrity, eat our dust.
We believe growth comes from asking the right questions, not from having all the answers.
SAY THANK YOU SEVEN TIMES
Our founder never asked for more support until she said thank you seven times. Gratitude is part of everything we do.
LAUGH AND TAKE CARE
The work we do is rigorous and sometimes difficult; we look for positive ways to blow off steam and spend time outside of work doing things that fuel us.
MANY VOICES, ONE MISSION
We believe that diverse perspectives and backgrounds best position us to work together for our common cause: to serve our students to our highest capacity.
DARE TO LEAD
If not me, then who? We believe in showing up as change-makers, leading from every seat.
To promote our professional growth and connection to one another, we’re committed to cultivating the courage it takes to give and receive thoughtful feedback.
CONNECT AND COLLABORATE
We know a rising tide lifts all boats—so we collaborate to create what is best for the whole.